My little Houdini has gotten even better at breaking out of his swaddling - but unfortunately NOT better at staying asleep once he escapes. Last night I put him to bed at 8, and had to go in at 12, 1 (fed him this time), 4, 5, and 6 (fed him again) to reswaddle him. Waking up five times in the night is not my idea of a good time, especially since he's been sleeping at least 4 hours at a time for over a month now! I ordered a Miracle Blanket several days ago on the recommendation of one of my friends and a fellow mother of a baby Houdini, but it has yet to arrive and clearly the SwaddleMe is not containing my rowdy boy.
I think I have come up with a pretty sweet interim solution, though. For his morning nap today I improvised something that I think is similar to the Miracle Blanket (click here for a video showing how the blanket works). I used both of his SwaddleMe blankets - I put one on him, tucking the wings over his arms and under his body (like the inside wings on a Miracle Blanket) and then put the second SwaddleMe on as per normal. So far he's been asleep for 1 1/2 hours without waking up needing to be reswaddled, which for daytime is pretty much a record (usually about 1/2 an hour into his nap I have to go in, reswaddle and repacifier him). So I'm still hoping my Miracle Blaket arrives soon, but in the meantime I'm feeling rather clever for coming up with a way to make what I have work.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Watching the video makes my claustrophia kick-in but I'm glad you've found a temporary fix until the miracle blanket arrives. Give that boy a kiss from his Grammy!
You really are going to love the Miracle Blanket. I'm considering taking it out of storage and using it on Sean now that he has realized there is nothing forcing him to stay in his bed at night. They can market to a whole new demographic now... Miracle Blankets - swaddle your baby or wrangle your 3 year old! hehe Don't call CPS on me!
Post a Comment