
There's something so satisfying about seeing all of the pretty jars lined up in the closet with their bright colors. The pepper jelly is particularly striking I think (it's the fourth from the left in the picture above). When we taste tested it, it was a little hotter than I expected, so I will probably have to use it sparingly, but the flavor is really good and Danny will likely want to eat it with a spoon once we open one of the jars.
Canning and pressure cookers seems to be one of those things that a lot of people are afraid to try, but I have to say that we love both of them. I love that I can use my pressure cooker to make great chicken stock in an hour that would normally take half a day of simmering, or make fall-apart stewed lamb. I also love the idea that some of the great tomatoes that were at the farmer's market this summer are still waiting for us to enjoy them this winter. Not to mention that there's something so gratifying about being able to offer houseguests homemade jam with their toast in the morning!
1 comment:
Way to go! We will be making apple butter this weekend with Patrick's grandparents. I have never canned before, but will this weekend. I am excited to try. Your stuff looks great!
Post a Comment